by M. Polier
U.S. Release Date: May 4, 2012
DIRECTOR: JOSS WHEDON
- Action packed from beginning to end.
- Nice tag sets up yet another sequel.
- Lots of great cameos for the film nerds:. Powers Boothe and Jenny Agutter (Do you remember “Walkabout”?) appear as members of the World Security Council. Avengers co-creator Stan Lee appears in a news report. Harry Dean Stanton (Do you remember him from “Private Benjamin”? His career goes back to the 1950’s) cameos as a security guard, and Polish film director Jerzy Skolimowski appears as Romanoff’s interrogator.
- Very little story there, and what is up on the screen is devoid of soul. We left feeling like we had been caught under a big wave and couldn’t catch our breath for 2 hours. Steve and I fell asleep midway. Marla and Dave were with it all the way.
- It is too long and too repetitive.
- Not in the same class as “The Watchmen”, “Green Hornet” or even “Spider Man”. Very un-classic.
They’ve turned Pepper Potts into Ellie May Clampett – barefoot and jean short- shorts. The only thing missing was the rope belt. Where was Pepper’s spice?
FINAL VERDICT: Lots of fathers and sons (under 13) in the audience…otherwise not recommended.
Tony Stark: You’re missing the point! There’s no throne, there is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it’s too much for us but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we’ll avenge it!
Dave said: “Just what you expect. A big nothing.”
Complementary Food: Chamapgne with Noodles Romanoff or Hungarian Goulash maybe…
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
remember “Walkabout”?) appear