by N. Redler
U.S. Release Date: March 16, 2012
- A remake of an 80’s television crime drama series, 21 Jump Street is morphed into a comedy, consistently funny and very original.
- Channing Tatum surprises by showing he can handle comedy and Jonah Hill brings his understated signature style. They are so appealing and very funny.
- Great surprise cameos – we won’t give them away.
- Fans of the original show may not like the comedic twist.
- Strong sexual content and abundant profanity may not appeal to the less tolerant viewer.
- Some may find it dumb and full of clichés and it is a bit too long.
FINAL VERDICT: Fans of “The Hangover” hold onto your beers, because this hilarious comedy will have you doubling over with laughter. Worth seeing. Check your brain at the door and go have fun.
Deputy Chief Hardy: [from trailer] “You forgot to read him his Miranda rights.”
Jenko: “It obviously goes something like… you have the right to remain… an attorney.”
Deputy Chief Hardy: “Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?”
Schmidt: “You DO have the right to be an attorney, if you want to.”
DAN SAID, “Funny. Makes me want to go back to High School!”