by M. Polier
U.S. Release Date: December 30, 2011
DIRECTOR: PHYLLIDA LLOYD
- No matter what you believe about Meryl Streep’s former roles, this is the BEST of the BEST.
- The flashback from today’s dementia to yesterday’s clarity works in the film and on your heart.
- The film leaves you wanting more… No one wanted to move and the crowd erupted in applause with the final credits…
- If you are not the sentimental sort, you probably want more history in your “Iron Lady” biopic.
- Power corrupts everyone in the end…even our hero did not know when to throw in the towel, sad to see.
- How would we all feel if Ronald Regan’s story was filmed like this? Wouldn’t there be an outcry? After all, she didn’t show signs of dementia in office like he did, and they made this incredulous choice?
FINAL VERDICT: Above criticisms notwithstanding, this is one of the year’s best and nominations will abound…thank goodness they squeaked it in prior to 12/31. Don’t miss it and don’t wait too long…
My father always said … Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny! What we think we become.
Dave said, “Now that was exciting. I loved the history. And seeing Meryl Streep, she’s amazing. If they had put more history in it, it would have been ‘purr-fect’!